Our website may receive compensation from partner links and videos placed in our content.
We are not experts in any particular field. Our content is written by those interested in the various topics, not by professionals. All content is intended to be informational and should not take the place of professional advice. Before making any decisions that could be life altering, please consult with a professional in the field.
Finding the wedding venue of your dreams can take quite a bit of effort. If you’re looking for wedding venues, it’s smart to step back and really think about what you’d like to see and what guests will enjoy.
It’s also crucial to find a venue that is the right size. If you’ve got a big family and a lot of friends, you might need to find wedding venues for 200 guests or more. Larger venues, such as historic mansions or large greenhouses, often cost a bit more money. Still, when you consider the scale and amenities, some venues offer a ton of value.
Not sure how to email wedding venues or source event center prices? It’s smart to write down your exact needs and then ask venues if they can accommodate them. Creating a short list of venues that are great fits for your needs is a smart way to get started.
Ultimately, the most important thing couple has to pick out for wedding arguably isn’t their dresses or tuxedoes. Instead, your choice of venue could big the biggest difference maker, potentially defining memories for decades to come. With that in mind, it’s wise to slow down and examine all of your options.
If you’re looking for something different and unique, a mansion wedding venue may be what you’re looking for.
Here are some tips to help you pick a good place to get married that will give your guests an amazing reception.
1. You’ll need to choose the right kind of venue
Make sure the venue will be able to meet all your requirements – the best wedding sites can help you with this.
2. Consider hiring a professional wedding planner to help you organize everything and ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible.
3. Use personal touches to make it feel like your own special day. This can include your favorite colors and flowers, favorite songs, or pictures of loved ones who have passed away that you want present on the day.
4. Choose a southern farm wedding venue with a rich history and plenty of great spots to take wedding photos.
5. Consider using unique elements within the wedding venue. Award winning wedding venues use things like artwork or attractive furniture, which can set the mood, create an ambiance and help create a sense of occasion throughout the event.
When it comes to wedding events and deciding to book a venue for a party, there are many ways to prepare. Some people like simple venues, while others like much fancier ones. For example; I had a friend that got married in 2015 and the venue that was provided was very fancy, with lots of good food, great music, etc.
With that said though, the best place to have a wedding reception is up to the people getting married. For example, some people prefer outdoor venues so that they can enjoy and appreciate the beauty of nature. Other people might prefer more classic wedding venues.
To find a venue, one should do research, so that they can book the venue for an event. These are some of the factors, that should be considered.
Choosing a venue is perhaps the first and the most important decision you’ll make as a couple — it determines a lot of factors from your wedding budget, suppliers, theme and decor to the type of gown and attires you settle one. Therefore, this should be a well-thought and considered decision that will meet both you and your partner’s interests and expectations.
Considering there are a number of good options available like indoor, garden, romantic hotel or mansion weddings — with each having its unique element, selecting the perfect wedding venue can be a daunting task. Fret not. Let’s look at some of the benefits of historic mansion wedding venues and what you should consider when making this decision.
1. Cost-Effective Wedding Venue
Historic mansion wedding venues require little or no decoration at all so you get to avoid the high cost of decoration, particularly with romantic destination weddings which are often elaborate with luxury decorations.
Mansion weddings get to use stunning architecture, paintings, artwork, antiques, statues, and ornate furnishings that add that historic touch to your special day. And with most having well-manicured gardens with a natural and plantation feel to it, it’s the perfect decor to complement your wedding without the need for additional decor. This is a kind of venue that’ll leave your guests wowed.
2. Timeless and Epic Wedding Photos
The reason mansion wedding venues are historic is because they’ve stood the test of time — with their architectural depravity adding a timeless and dated look to your wedding photos. And since the venue is more like a museum, you can certainly be sure that it will be there for your future wedding anniversaries and you might as well renew your vows at the same venue.
3. Historic Wedding Venue
Weddings are special as they are meant to be. It’s a historic moment in your life, and tying your knots in a history-filled venue will only make your story more beautiful. Choose a mansion wedding venue with a rich history and plenty of great spots to take wedding photos. Most historic venues will have ancient tools, equipment and items used decades ago, these can serve as props for your shots.
4. Element of Uniqueness
One common thing that mansion wedding venues share is uniqueness. Each venue offers something different. Most of these venues are well-maintained and host some of the most precious and rare architectural elements you’ll see anywhere.
Now that we’ve gone through the benefits of a historic mansion wedding venue, it’s important that you keep in mind the venue’s guidelines when planning for the wedding. Each venue will have its guidelines and protocols that govern the proper use of the place and facilities around it. So this should be communicated clearly to everyone at your wedding to avoid damages, mishandling or improper use of the facility. Understand that some features in historic buildings may be delicate. Things to keep in mind when choosing a mansion wedding venue.
- Undesired Noise: Old buildings develop have creaking floors and this is perfectly normal for a structure that has stayed over 100 years. However, such a floor is not ideal for bridesmaids marching with stiletto heels.
- Climate control: As you’d expect, heating and cooling technology wasn’t there back in time and therefore, many of these buildings will probably not any system in place. This can be a problem is the place will not provide an ideal environment for you and your guests.
- Accessibility: Considering the historic architectural designs, most of these mansions will have narrow hallways and tough staircase that can make it a challenge for guests to navigate and access the place.
- Limited technology If you are looking for great lighting, plenty of power outlets and other technologically advanced features, historic venues don’t offer that. Though there are venues that have been updated with modern features to meet modern demands.
Historic venues make a great wedding venue for couples looking for timeless elegance. Your photos will look amazing and dated. Plus, the uniqueness of the venue makes all the difference.